Sunday, August 26, 2007

Summer Offerings and a Bad Omen?

It's been an interesting summer around these parts. Coca-Cola in Canada brought the 'Coke Side of Life' out in full force with lots of Canadian advertising and a very cool commemorative can. The can is absolutely everywhere and in all types of packaging. It's most definitely the coolest commemorative can that we've seen here in years.

Pepsi, on the otherhand, has also made some waves in the commemorative can world. Their Canadian cans have some cool symbols on them, similar to that of the US cans with different areas of life and technology promoted. I still have to dig up some info on whether or not the Canadian cans will have a number of different designs on them or if the CDN version will have a more limited release. More on that to come shortly.

The other day when I was in the grocery store, I was carrying around a 12 pack of diet Coke cans by the indented handle on the top of case. Suddenly, the end split open and all 12 cans spilled out onto the floor, rolling in every direction. It was slightly embarassing as a couple of grocery store employees hurried over to help me collect the cans and return them to the box, which I was still holding in my hand by the handle. It was one of those slow motion moments where every person in the store was looking squarely at me. Thankfully, none of the cans blew up or leaked - but most of them ended up dented. Hopefully that experience wasn't an omen of things to come... I love my diet Coke dearly and would never want to be told I couldn't have it. :)

I'll be popping in here periodically to write some brief ramblings and very shortly will give you an update on what's coming up in our Fall 2007 edition of The Soda Spectrum Series, due out in October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home